Facilitator Institute (Train the Trainer)
- July 12-15, 2021
- Elementary & Secondary
Introduction to ADI Facilitator Institute (Train the Trainer)
- This four-day institute is designed for district science supervisors, instructional coaches, science specialists, or teachers who want to learn how to facilitate an Introduction to ADI workshop for elementary and secondary teachers. The Introduction to ADI workshops are designed to help teachers develop the knowledge and skills needed to start using the Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI) instructional model.
- Download Flyer
Days 1 and 2
- Learn about ADI by participating in the ADI Introductory Two Day workshop.
- Experience two different ADI lab investigations from start to finish.
- Learn about the nature of arguments in science.
- See how ADI is aligned with state and national standards for Science and English-Language Arts.
- Learn about ways to support the needs of different students during each stage of the approach.
Days 3 and 4
Practice teaching a portion of an Introductory ADI workshop
- Try out what you have learned.
- Get feedback from the course instructor.
Plan an ADI Introductory workshop under the guidance of the institute instructor
- Determine when to offer it and who should attend.
- Discuss ways to get teacher buy-in.
- Preparing for potential obstacles to implementation.
Included in Your Registration
- 4 Days of hands-on ADI Training in Dallas, TX
- Training materials to take with you to help you train teachers in your school or district (includes handouts and ADI Training PowerPoint) with a license to use the training materials for two years.
- Trainer Pack.
- Daily Q & A session with the facilitator.
- ADI Trainer Certification.
- 10% Discount for you and your colleagues at the ADI Store.
Trainer Pack Includes
- Group Lanyards
- Back Pocket Question Cards
- ADI Posters
- Argument Cards
- Peer Review Cards
- Time Cards
- Teacher Question Cards
- Two ADI Lab Kits
- $1,595 per person until April 30, 2021
- $1,695 per person after April 30, 2021
- $1,895 per person after May 31, 2021
- Stay Friday (7/16/21) for the Coaching Institute for $195 per person (savings of $55)
The safety of our customers, employees, and the support staff at the facilities we visit is of the upmost importance to us. We will be closely monitoring local and state regulatory policies and local transmission rates regarding COVID-19 in the months and weeks leading up to this event. If needed, we will switch the event to meeting virtually instead of in person. We will try to make this decision with as much lead time as possible, but we recommend only booking travel that can be refunded/cancelled/rescheduled just in case. In the event of a move to a virtual workshop, you will be given the option to transfer your registration to the new event with a partial refund for any cost differential, postpone your registration to a future institute, or cancel your registration for a full refund.
If needed, please make your own hotel reservations. Hotels near Coppell Middle School West:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport 6.1 miles
- 2400 Aviation Dr
- DFW Airport, TX 75261
- Dallas Love Field Airport 14.8 miles
- 8008 Herb Kelleher Way
- Dallas, TX 75235