July 13 - 16, 2020
Elementary & Secondary
Introduction to ADI Train the Trainer Institute : Dallas, TX
- This four-day institute is designed for district science supervisors, instructional coaches, or science specialists who want to learn how to facilitate an Introduction to ADI workshop for elementary and secondary teachers. The Introduction to ADI workshops are designed to help teachers develop the knowledge and skills need to start using the Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI) instructional model. You do not need any experience with ADI in order to register for this institute.
Extend your ADI knowledge by attending an Embedded Instructional Coaching Workshop. Available Friday, July 17, 2020 in Dallas, TX. Learn More Here
Days 1 and 2
Learn about ADI by participating in the ADI Introductory Two Day workshop.
- Experience two different ADI lab investigations from start to finish.
- Learn about the nature of arguments in science.
- See how ADI is aligned with state and national standards for Science and English-Language Arts.
- Learn about ways to support the needs of different students during each stage of the approach.
Days 3 and 4
Practice teaching a portion of an Introductory ADI workshop
- Try out what you have learned.
- Get feedback from the course instructor.
Plan an ADI Introductory workshop under the guidance of the institute instructor
- Determine when to offer it and who should attend.
- Discuss ways to get teacher buy-in.
- Preparing for potential obstacles to implementation.
- We will also share our ADI PLC in a Box program as a way to help you support the teachers in your district.
- $1595 per person (Register by 3/1/20), $1795 per person (Registrations between 3/1/20 and 5/1/20), $1895 per person after 5/1/20
Included in your registration
- A four day institute that will prepare you to facilitate our Introduction to ADI Workshops.
- A certificate and a digital badge which indicates that you are a certified Introduction to ADI Workshop facilitator.
- A license to facilitate Introduction to ADI Workshop in your school district for two years.
- All the facilitator materials that we use during our Introduction to ADI Workshop (includes handouts and PowerPoints)
- An Introduction to ADI Workshop Facilitator Pack (a $270 value).
- An ADI book of your choice (delivered at the institute).
- 10% discount for you and your colleagues at the ADI Store.
- Morning and afternoon snacks each day of the workshop
- All-day beverages (coffee and tea).
Trainer Pack Includes:
- Group Lanyards
- Back Pocket Question Cards
- ADI Posters
- Argument Cards
- Peer Review Cards
- Time Cards
- Teacher Question Cards
- Two ADI Lab Kits (both labs will be demonstrated during the training)
If needed, please make your own hotel reservations. Hotels near Coppell Middle School West:
We recommend flying into Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.