June 8-11, 2020
Argument-Driven Inquiry in Mathematics Train the Trainer Institute : Chico, CA
This four-day institute is designed to help district science supervisors, instructional coaches and math teachers develop the knowledge and skills needed to be able to host an introductory ADM workshop for teachers in their own district. The Introduction to ADM workshops are designed to introduce teachers to the Argument-Driven Math (ADM) instructional model.
Days 1 and 2
Learn about ADM by participating in the ADM Introductory Two Day workshop.
- Experience two different ADM lab investigations from start to finish.
- Learn about the nature of arguments in math.
- See how ADM is aligned with state and national standards for Math and English-Language Arts.
- Learn about ways to support the needs of different students during each stage of the approach.
Days 3 and 4
Practice teaching a portion of an Introductory ADM workshop
- Try out what you have learned.
- Get feedback from the course instructor.
Plan an ADM Introductory workshop under the guidance of the institute instructor
- Determine when to offer it and who should attend.
- Discuss ways to get teacher buy-in.
- Preparing for potential obstacles to implementation.
$1595 per person (Register by 3/1/20), $1795 per person (Registrations between 3/1/20 and 5/1/20), $1895 per person after 5/1/20
Included in your Registration
- 4 Days of hands-on ADM Training in Chico, CA
- Training materials to take with you to help you train teachers in your school or district (includes handouts and ADM Training PowerPoint) with a license to use the training materials for two years.
- Trainer Pack.
- Daily Q & A session with the facilitator.
- ADM Trainer Certification.
- 10% Discount for you and your colleagues at the ADI Store.
- ADM books are currently in prepublication with Geometry in the copy-editing phase. All participants will receive pre-publication copies of 10 ADM investigations and other resources from the workshop.
Trainer Pack Includes
- Group Lanyards
- Back Pocket Question Cards
- ADM Posters
- Argument Cards
- Peer Review Cards
- Time Cards
- Teacher Question Cards
- Two ADM Lab Kits (both labs will be demonstrated during the training)