- June 8-11, 2020
Argument-Driven Train the Trainer Institute : Chico, CA
This four-day institute is designed to help district science supervisors, instructional coaches and science teachers develop the knowledge and skills needed to be able to host an introductory ADI workshop for teachers in their own district. The Introduction to ADI workshops are designed to introduce teachers to the Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI) instructional model.
Days 1 and 2
Learn about ADI by participating in the ADI Introductory Two Day workshop.
- Experience two different ADI lab investigations from start to finish.
- Learn about the nature of arguments in science.
- See how ADI is aligned with state and national standards for Science and English-Language Arts.
- Learn about ways to support the needs of different students during each stage of the approach.
Days 3 and 4
Practice teaching a portion of an Introductory ADI workshop
- Try out what you have learned.
- Get feedback from the course instructor.
Plan an ADI Introductory workshop under the guidance of the institute instructor
- Determine when to offer it and who should attend.
- Discuss ways to get teacher buy-in.
- Preparing for potential obstacles to implementation.
$1595 per person (Register by 3/1/20), $1795 per person (Registrations between 3/1/20 and 5/1/20), $1895 per person after 5/1/20
Included in your Registration
- 4 Days of hands-on ADI Training in Chico, CA
- Training materials to take with you to help you train teachers in your school or district (includes handouts and ADI Training PowerPoint) with a license to use the training materials for two years.
- Trainer Pack.
- One ADI book of your choice (delivered at the institute).
- Daily Q & A session with the facilitator.
- ADI Trainer Certification.
- 10% Discount for you and your colleagues at the ADI Store.
Trainer Pack Includes
- Group Lanyards
- Back Pocket Question Cards
- ADI Posters
- Argument Cards
- Peer Review Cards
- Time Cards
- Teacher Question Cards
- Two ADI Lab Kits (both labs will be demonstrated during the training)