Date & Time
Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019
9:00am - 3:30pm
- Pasadena Learning Center
- 299 Euclid Ave.
- Pasadena, CA 91101
- $150/per person
- includes instruction and ADI materials
Introduction to Argument-Driven Inquiry in the Elementary Classroom
This workshop is an introduction to the Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI) instructional model. Participants will first learn about the limitations of typical laboratory instruction and why ADI can help all students develop the knowledge and skills they need to be proficient in science. Next, the participants will have an opportunity to learn about the ADI instructional model by participating in all eight stages of an ADI lab investigation. Finally, the participants will learn how ADI is aligned with the state standards for science and English-Language Arts.
What is Included?
- All handouts for the lab examples.
- ADI Lab Kit for one of the new ADI Elementary Labs.
- 8 prepublication copies of elementary lab handouts.
- Q & A with one of the ADI elementary authors.