ADI 101: An Online Introduction to Argument-Driven Inquiry in Secondary Classrooms
This course is an introduction to the Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI) instructional model. This course is moderated by a certified ADI instructor. It includes multiple modules (one for each stage of ADI). Each module includes one or more videos and an assignment to complete. The videos include presentations about how ADI works and classroom examples of ADI in action. The moderator will give you feedback on your assignments and answer your questions. Because the moderator is an actual person, please allow a two days for the assignment to be graded and to receive your feedback. You will earn a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
During this course, you will:
- Learn about what students and teachers do during each stage of ADI.
- Watch videos of teachers leading an actual ADI lab investigation.
- See samples of student arguments and investigation reports.
- See how ADI is aligned with state standards for Science and English-Language Arts.
- Learn tools and routines that you can use to promote and support student learning.
Please note, if you are registering with a credit card, you will have immediate access to the online class. If you are registering with a purchase order, it may take 1 - 2 business days to process the order and receive enrollment information.
Registering 10 or more people? Contact us for discounted pricing.