Sales Development Representative
The sales development representative's role is to prospect, qualify, and build relationships with new customers, as well as retain and extend those relationships with our existing client base. The inside sales representative must be self-directed and focused on the achievement of revenue goals.
This position requires the sales development representative to become well-versed in all products, beyond basic features and benefits, as they work closely with customers to determine optimal solutions to meet the needs of all stakeholders (teachers, administrators and students.) The sales development representative will need to become versed with sales and purchasing cycles as they relate to school district, Title I, and other Federal funding guidelines.
This position requires strong communication and listening skills and the ability to transfer customer needs into successful virtual sales campaigns and presentations.
Responsibilities of the Sales Development Representative:
- Plans and organizes area coverage and sales approach to assure effective development of assigned sales area in solicitation of new leads and accounts, which may include cold calling.
- Provide close personal service to develop long-term customer relationships, seek out and develop new business and product sales, and increase market share.
- Consult with customers to identify their needs and align them with solutions and services.
- Develop and manage lead generation activities including but not limited to webinars, email campaigns, and outbound calling for assigned territory.
- Conduct prompt follow-up on leads from activities including, but not limited to, trade shows and marketing activities.
- Develop and manage full cycle sales strategy through trial sign-ups and marketing generated leads.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Customer-service orientation
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word and cloud-sharing programs
- Understanding of social media
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to advance knowledge through self-study, training, and experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong creative-thinking and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, goal and detail-oriented, persistent and dependable with strong probing skills
Benefits & Compensation:
- Health Insurance Reimbursement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Commensurate with experience (Base Salary + Commission)
Other Information About This Position:
- Austin, TX
- Full time; long days and some weekends are expected.
Send the following to: email@example.com
- Cover letter that outlines how you meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
- Resume or CV
Applications for this position will be accepted immediately. The start date is negotiable.