Professional Learning Specialist
The Professional Learning (PL) Specialist is responsible for facilitating face-to-face professional learning experiences about Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI) at schools throughout the United States. The professional learning experiences we offer focus on science, mathematics, or engineering in grades 3-12. The PL Specialist is also responsible for developing new (and refining existing) professional learning experience workshops and supporting teachers as they learn how to use our instructional materials. If you have a passion for science, math, or STEM education, enjoy working with teachers, and want to transform the teaching and learning of science, math, or STEM in schools, this is a great opportunity.
Argument-Driven Inquiry is a rapidly growing company. Our mission is to help teachers learn how to teach science, math, and engineering in new ways. We have been offering face-to-face workshops for science teachers all across the nation for several years. We are now offering workshops for mathematics and engineering teachers. As our company continues to grow, we are looking to add additional team members in 2021 who share our core values and are interested in being a part of something that has never been done before in education. Our goal is to hire a new Professional Learning Specialist who wants to help teachers grow and learn how to use our instructional materials for science, mathematics or engineering.
- Teach science, math, and engineering teachers, supervisors, and district administrators about ADI and how to use it inside the classroom.
- Follow up with districts leads and classroom teachers after professional learning experiences to identify any additional needs or challenges.
- Provide support and guidance for science, math, or engineering teachers who are using ADI in their curriculum.
- Provide guidance and support for district curriculum specialist or other administrators who are attempting to implement ADI throughout a school district.
- Provide support, guidance, and additional professional learning experiences for certified ADI trainers who are working in school districts.
- Organize and facilitate professional learning experiences for organizations (such as districts and museums) based on their unique needs.
- Give presentations about ADI at international, national, regional, or state science education and education leadership conferences.
- Refine existing professional learning experience content or develop new professional learning experiences as needed based on current trends, research, and policy.
- Keep up-to-date on current treads, research, and policy in science, mathematics, and engineering education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in science, mathematics, engineering, or education.
- Experience teaching science, math, or engineering in grade 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team and complete projects independently.
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds (because materials for workshops need to be moved into and out of schools)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience using the Argument-Driven Inquiry instructional materials.
- Experience facilitating professional learning experiences (or providing professional development) for teachers.
- Large group (50+) presentation or speaking experience (beyond classroom teaching).
- Knowledge of current trends, research, and policy in science, mathematics, and engineering education.
Other Information about the Position
- All travel will be paid for/reimbursed by ADI
- Workshops are often given at schools, museums, or school district buildings
- Materials for workshops need to be transported from the ADI office to the workshop location and back. Some locations do not have elevators.
- Workshops are about eight hours per day. Professional learning specialists need to be able to stand and move around a room during the entire workshop.
Location, Benefits, & Compensation
- Time Commitment: Full time; some long days and weekends are expected during busy seasons.
- Location: Austin, TX (not negotiable).
- Travel: This position includes a lot of travel (1-2 trips per week during the busy season) because our Professional Learning Specialists facilitate workshops at schools all across the United States. The position is about 35 - 40% travel per year on average.
- Compensation: $60,000/year
- Health Insurance Reimbursement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Send the following to: email@example.com
- Cover letter that outlines how you meet the required and preferred qualifications of the position.
- Resume or CV