Professional Learning Specialist
The Professional Learning (PL) Specialist is responsible for providing face-to-face and online professional learning experiences about Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI). The PL Specialist is also responsible for new customer acquisition and customer retention. If you have a passion for science education, enjoy working with teachers, and want to transform the teaching and learning of science in schools, this is a great opportunity.
- Teach science teachers, science supervisors, and district administrators from all over the country about the ADI and how to use it inside the classroom.
- Follow up with districts and teachers after professional learning experiences to provide support and address any additional needs or challenges.
- Provide support for districts and teachers that have adopted ADI, as needed.
- Organize professional learning experiences for organizations (such as districts and museums).
- Give presentations about ADI at international, national, regional, or state science education and education leadership conferences.
- Publicize the benefits of ADI to district administrators, curriculum specialists, teachers, and other stakeholders.
- Market and advertise ADI professional learning experiences, ADI books, and other ADI products to district administrators, curriculum specialists, teachers, and other stakeholders.
- Deliver, develop, and edit professional learning experience content as needed, based on current educational trends, research, and policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree
- Teaching experience
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to complete projects independently
- Experience using the Argument-Driven Inquiry instructional model
- Experience facilitating professional learning experiences for teachers (teacher professional development)
- Presentation experience (small and large groups)
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to classroom teachers, science supervisors and administrators
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License
Other Information about the Position
- Frequent travel, at least 30% of time (all travel will be paid for/reimbursed)
- Professional learning experiences are often given at schools, museums, or school district buildings
- Requires transport of materials from ADI office to site of professional learning experience and back
- Some locations of professional learning experiences will not have elevators
- Frequent standing
Time Commitment: Full time; travel will be included (~ 35% travel); long days and some weekends are expected.
Location: Austin, TX (not negotiable)
Benefits & Compensation
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance Reimbursement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Quarterly Bonuses (up to 10% of pay)
Send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that outlines how you meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
- Resume or CV
Applications for this position will be accepted immediately. The start date is negotiable. We anticipate the latest start date to be approximately May 2019.