Virtual Introduction to ADM (April)
April 24, 2021
Live Virtual Workshop
Date & Time
- Saturday, April. 24, 2021
- 9:00-11:00am Central & 12:00-2:00pm Central
- Live Workshop Online via Zoom
$150 early bird pricing (good through 3/14/2021); $175 regular price (after 3/14/2021)
Introduction to Argument-Driven Mathematics
Our Introduction to Argument-Driven Mathematics workshop is designed to provide educators with a foundational understanding of the Argument-Driven Mathematics instructional model as it applies to Math in High School (9-12), however, the knowledge is transferable to Middle School (6-8).
Workshop Activities Include:
- Discussing the limitations of traditional mathematics instruction
- Participate in an entire ADM investigation from start to finish and see first-hand how ADM engages students in multiple Mathematical Practices during each investigation
- Time to reflect on the experiences during the investigation and ask clarifying questions
- Learning about developing arguments that use mathematics to support their claims and how ADM is aligned with Common Core standards for Mathematics and English-Language Arts
- Teachers will learn about ways to support students during each stage of the approach.
Included with your Registration:
- The ADM books are currently in the prepublication phase with Geometry in the copyediting phase. All participants will receive pre-publication copies of at least 4 ADM investigations and other resources from the workshop.
- Coupon code to download the Guidance PowerPoint of their choice.