Virtual Introduction to ADI in Math (April)
- April 24, 2021
- Live Virtual Workshop
Date & Time
- Saturday, April. 24, 2021
- 9:00-11:00am Central & 12:00-2:00pm Central
- Live Workshop Online via Zoom
$150 early bird pricing (good through 3/14/2021); $175 regular price (after 3/14/2021)
Introduction to Argument-Driven Inquiry in Mathematics
Our Introduction to Argument-Driven Inquiry in Mathematics workshop is designed to provide educators with a foundational understanding of the Argument-Driven Inquiry in Mathematics instructional model as it applies to Math in High School (9-12), however, the knowledge is transferable to Middle School (6-8).
Workshop Activities Include:
- Discussing the limitations of traditional mathematics instruction
- Participate in an entire ADI-M investigation from start to finish and see first-hand how ADI-M engages students in multiple Mathematical Practices during each investigation
- Time to reflect on the experiences during the investigation and ask clarifying questions
- Learning about developing arguments that use mathematics to support their claims and how ADI-M is aligned with Common Core standards for Mathematics and English-Language Arts
- Teachers will learn about ways to support students during each stage of the approach.
Included with your Registration:
- The ADI-M books are currently in the prepublication phase with Geometry in the copyediting phase. All participants will receive pre-publication copies of at least 4 ADI-M investigations and other resources from the workshop.
- Coupon code to download the Guidance PowerPoint of their choice.