January 24, 2020
Introduction to Argument-Driven Inquiry in the Secondary Classroom (1 Day)
Designed to prepare you to implement the Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI) instructional model in your classroom, this workshop is intended for science educators in grades 6-12.
Workshop activities include:
- Discussing the limitations of typical laboratory instruction
- Participating in all eight stages of an ADI investigation
- Reflecting on the stages and clarifying questions about implementation of ADI
- Learning about scientific arguments
- Discussing how ADI aligns to standards for Science and English-Language Arts
Included with your Registration
- All participants receive an ADI eBook of your choice
- Coupon code to download the Guidance PowerPoint of your choice.
The nearest international airports are Chicago Midway International Airport and O'Hare International Airport
Free parking available in the lot adjacent to the building (Campus Safety Dept. will be aware of the workshop during this time). Note: this lot is used by students also. An alternative option is the free parking garage on Chicago Avenue near downtown Naperville which is walking distance from the building.